Friday, May 1, 2009

Card: "Remember the Doors?" [Birthday]

Front

Inside

Full Spread [Front/Back]


Who: For my high school friend Maxine.

What: Illustration made and colored in Photoshop with Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. Card depicts double doors when the card is fully spread out. First card by the way that I printed full color on the front and back of card.

Why: In high school, I believe in our Junior or Senior year, Maxine and I were trying to go through the double doors in the 2nd floor. Surprisingly, we couldn't open the door and I exclaimed it was locked. She too tried opening it and couldn't. We figured this was odd enough so we remained stubborn and leaned our weight onto the doors and finally it opened. I'd agree that we probably looked like weaklings. Doors too signify new opportunities so however she'd like to interpret this, by all means do so. Nevertheless, Happy [Belated] Birthday! [April 30th].

No comments: