Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Poster: "Roots"


click to enlarge

Who: My friend Catherine was asking for some design help for an ad she needed for a class.
What: Her concept was that she lived in 3 different places and has gained unique experiences from there. My take is that she has grown from those experiences which has provided her roots in order for her to grow and mature as a person. Her text [her explanation of what she's gained from those 3 different experiences] were to be placed on the bottom.
Why: I've been studying and surveying typography lately and I got inspired and here's my approach to using type to convey a picture. Her initials "C A" are used as the outline of the tree while her first name are the branches. Her last name is the trunk and lastly { conveys the roots. The space below was to leave enough room for her text.

3 comments:

CAPTAIN said...

your typography work is tight

APOLLOSTYLE said...

At first glance tho the ca looks like eyes and the brown bracket on the bottom looks like a mustache. But after reading the description I do see the tree. Good stuff yo!

jjasef said...

thanks yall for taking a look!