Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Card: "Catch Her in Time" [Gift Card]


Who:
My friend needed a card to give to her friend in which she was giving Catcher in the Rye, and so naturally wanted a card's theme around that.

What: She explained that he really cares for his niece and that one day when she's old enough, wants to give her his copy of his [annotated] copy of the book. My friend explained as well that the book really meant a lot for him considering he pictured himself in the book. Lastly, she said that he wants to keep her from harm and keep her from falling to a life that she isn't fit to live in.

Why: I googled Catcher in the Rye and I remember I too have the classic cover of this book. It's simple white book with colored bands in the upper left corner left the title free and clean to read. I used a play of words and placed "Catch Her in Time" partly due her friend wanting to keep his niece in check. Instead of "J.D. Salinger" I put the To and From.

I love using play of words when I can and I think this fits in rightly so.

No comments: